Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Are my ears bleeding?

My lovely son seems to think he is a wonderful singer.  He's not.  Plain and simple, he sounds....loud.  It doesn't help that he sings the most horrible music ever...N*SYNC, Backstreet Boys, New Kids On the Block, O Town.  Just awful stuff!  He walks around with one ear bud shoved in an ear, singing at the top of his lungs and doing his interpretive dance.  Danny is NOT by any means a flexible kid.  Since the day he was born he has been as stiff as a board, so when he dances he adapts the moves for what he is able to do.  When some one does a backflip, he just jumps...that type of thing.  I have no problem with that, except for when things start to fall off the walls from all the jumping.  But back to the singing.  AWFUL!  And he always says "I'm a good singer, right?" to which I usually say "Well, you ARE loud".  To which he will say "Yeah, and I'm good too!"  I usually get sarcastic and say something like "Danny, my dear, you have the voice of an angel.".  He says "Thank you".  then he'll shove the other earbud into my ear and make me suffer!  I raised the boy on what is now classic rock...Kansas, Queen, Boston, Zepplin...and this is what he ended up with.
Danny claims he will not need to get a job because he will be in a boy band and just be rolling in cash.  I tried to explain to him that even those geeks in boy bands had to have a job at first.  He doesn't believe me.  "They can't have jobs Mom because they have to practice"  Duh Mom!
Dan likes to arise from the depths of the basement, where his bedroom and The Bat Cave are and serenade us.  Jim will say "That boy  has a BIG MOUTH!".  Danny will say "I heard that!" and I'll say "I can't hear anything because MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!"
I try not to complain (to him) about it too much because I know that if that horrible sound was not there, it would mean he was not there, and, well, that just makes me sad.  SO...I'm stuffing cotton in my ears.  Who knows, maybe one day I'll learn to like his music.      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen!!!  :oD

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the blog about the movie Armageddon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll bet he's better than most of what you hear on the radio these days...by cracky, by gum...i'm officially a geezer.

    ReplyDelete